Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fruit Tarts

This recipe is one of those been in the list for loooooong time :)
Finally I made them - first baking with my new mixer - yes, finally I found my mixer heheh....

I saw this recipe from Edith's site and I know I had to make them
I did today :)

I just followed the recipe to the dot and realized halfway that it'd yield many mini tarts - it did!
I made 24 not so mini tarts and 1 18-inches tart!
Those not so big eater or of a small family, half recipe will be more than enough :)

Look at them - aren't they pretty colors?
Well, I have used wrong mould since they're the only one I had for mini tarts - should invest in better quality and reusable ones rather than those disposable foil type :P
































And this is the big pie...













I really love the colors I could not stop taking pics of them...






























What you need:

Tart shells:
250g butter (room temperature)
110g caster sugar
½ egg
500g plain flour


Cream the butter with caster sugar until white and creamy
Add egg and continue to beat
Fold in flour until it becomes a dough
Line the small tart tins with dough. Poke holes using a fork on the tart shell
Bake at 175°C for 10 mins or till golden brown
Slide tart out and let it cool down

Creme Patissiere:
1 litre milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
10 egg yolks
250g castor sugar
50 plain flour
50g corn flour

Heat the milk and vanilla essence gently until just boiling. Remove from heat and cool slightly
Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick, then stir in the flour and cornflour
Gradually stir the milk into the egg mixture
Pour the custard into the saucepan and heat gently, beating continuously until mixture thickens and boils
Boil for 1 min, stiring continuously, remove from heat and cool
Scoop the cooled custard into each tart shell, decorate top with fruits (I used strawberry, kiwi, canned peaches)

For topping, you may glaze the fruits with strawberry jam mixed with a little hot water or you may prepare (as directed) 1 pack of  white agar agar and pour a teaspoon to each tart

I love the crust, the creme, the fruits, the glazing...everything! :)

I'm submitting this tarts to "Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)" hosted by Bakericious at this LINK

7 comments:

  1. lovely tarts! give me fruit tarts anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thks jess :) hehe...my family's fave too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello alice, they look absolutely gorgeous! yes, so colourful and so bright..i wouldntstop taking pictures too if i were you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..can I know for the tart shells..wat do u mean by 1/2 egg?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, do you make and sell these fruit tarts?
    If you do, can I buy them from you?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fruity fruit tart! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...