Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Zucchini Cakes (Ree Drummond)

After baking my double chocolate zucchini cake, I still have one big zucchini left
Wanted to grill it, which I love, but when I saw THIS, I changed my mind

This snack is so Asian, except for the cheese used. It's real tasty! I love it!
No dip needed, I can just eat it plain :)





What you need:

1 whole large zucchini
1 tbsp minced garlic (I used 3 cloves)
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs (I used 3 - probably due to the size of zucchini I used)
salt, black pepper
olive oil (I used canola) - for frying

Method:
  1. Wash and cut the end off of one large zucchini. Shred it using the large holes of a cheese grater. Squeeze the shredded zucchini inside of a clean towel until you’ve removed as much liquid as possible
  2. Place shredded zucchini into a medium sized bowl. Add minced garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Stir with a fork until well mixed
  3. Heat oil (about ¼ inch deep in bottom of skillet) to a medium heat. When the oil is hot enough drop a glob of zucchini batter into the skillet and flatten it a bit. After about two minutes, turn the cakes over ( they should be nice golden-brown) and cook on the other side until done (about 2-3 minutes)
  4. Arrange over a kitchen towel to drain excess oil. Serve warm

 

This post is also linked to Cook like a Star, organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat your heart out and Mich from Piece of Cake

10 comments:

  1. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comSeptember 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM

    Hi Alice, this is so easy to prepare and delicious. Will try this one day :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    I do agree that these cakes are very similar to Asian-style fritters... without zucchini and the cheese though. I don't even know the existence of zucchini at all when I was living in Singapore.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice, these looks so delicious, its tempting me to go and make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious! Love the colors in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to serve zucchini, and they look a bit like potato cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these and they came out tasty, but they were more like hashbrowns??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, quite similar but this is more spongy :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...