Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Apple Crumble

Been mixer-less for a few days - yes I did cooking but baking mood attacked me
Browsing trough recipes in my to do list and looking for those without mixer needed
Decided to bake this yummy dessert from Edith's site
Easy to prepare and I had to force myself to stop eating this dessert
(is this considered dessert btw?)















What you need:

675g granny smith apples (I used 5 medium size)
80g soft brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon powder

For the crumble:
225g plain flour
115g butter
50g caster sugar

Peel, core and slice apples and place in dish, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
Place flour in a bowl and rub butter into flour, stir in sugar
Sprinkle crumble mix evenly over apples
Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 40 minutes until lightly golden on top
Best eaten with vanilla ice cream - too bad I dont have it in stock :)

I'm submitting this dessert to "Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)" hosted by Bakericious at this LINK

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this apple crumble too! Gonna make this soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple crumbles are so fuss free compared to apple pies! And they taste as delicious too. I wish i could shovel your crumble into my mouth. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Cathy, yeah mee too :)

    hi crustabakes, hehe...yes, this apple crumble is very easy and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love apple crumble, especially with vanilla ice cream :D)!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...