Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dulche De Leche Pound Cake

Curious seeing so many other bloggers baking cakes with DDL, I tried to make both the DDL and the cake
It took me 2days since I let the can cooled off overnight

Recipe for the cake taken from Jess Kitchen, this cake - as mentioned by her too, is definitely a keeper!
Unlike pound cake generally, this cake is ultra soft, fluffy and moist, even on the third day!
(I kept in airtight container)

As for the DDL, I used the simmering method in a pot - you may watch the video from this LINK














This "milk candy" is so yummy I can eat on its own if I don't count calories :)

And this is the cake:
















I divided the dough into 2 loaf pans and the other pan I added some semi sweet chocolate chips since my kids are chocolate addicts hehe...
I was concerned that it can be too sweet so I only used a little chocolate chips - which I regretted cos the cake is not too sweet so adding more chocolate chips should be just fine

What you need:
( a little modified)

240g unsalted butter, room temperature
240g top flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
80g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
240g Dulce De Leche (DDL)
3 large eggs

Preheat oven to 160C. Butter and flour 2 loaf pans, set aside
Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add DDL and vanilla and mix until well combined
Add the flour mixture and beat until no traces of flour remains
Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition
Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top
Bake in preheated oven for 50mins or until a skewer test comes out clean
Cool completely on wired rack before unmolding

Submitted this cake for LBT#3 March challenge - butter cakes :P

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...