Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stir Fry Fusilli With Ham & Mushroom

Again Melly gave me inspiration to cook for my family
We love pasta, but often we're too tired of the same kind of dishes again and again, so this one is good!
Unfortunately I don't have macaroni, sausages and red+green capsicum - these 3 ingredients used in her recipe
I hesitated for awhile but then I found a bag of fusilli, unopened honey baked ham, a few stalks of spring onion
Quickly I went downstairs to mama shop to buy a can of button mushroom and managed to get one
Yes, it's on! :)














This dish is sooo yummy!!! It reminds me of pasta aglio olio - which I'm a big fan of - in a different way

What you need:
(modified to suit my family preference)

fusilli - cooked as directed (I put a little salt and olive oil in the water)
3 cloves of garlic - crushed
1/2 onion - julienned
5 slices of honey baked ham - cut small (original recipe used sausages)
1 can button mushroom - cut small
1 large ripe tomato - diced (original recipe doesn't use this, instead she used red and green capsicum)
spring onion - cut (to garnish)
olive oil, garlic oil, oyster sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, pepper, chicken stock powder

Heat olive oil mixed with garlic oil, stir fry onion followed by garlic til soft and fragrant
Add in ham and mushroom, cook for a while - around 3 minutes
Add in tomato, mix well - around 1 minute
Add in fusilli, followed by oyster sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, pepper, chicken stock powder
If it's too dry, add a little more garlic oil
Mix well

I like to eat this dish with spring onion as garnish but DH prefers with parmesan cheese powder and tabasco
Whatever it is, it still tastes yum! :P
Gotta buy macaroni and keep for standby - I still feel macaroni is still the best choice for this dish :)

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, Alice. I am always on the lookout for new pasta ideas, as eating spaghetti bolognese all the time is boring in the long run...;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi CG, thks!
    yes u're right, everytime always bolognese or alfredo til so tired of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice: Your Quick and Easy Fusilli with ham sure look good... me drooling over here le.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ellena, hehe...easy peasy dish which is very very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy such home-cooked pasta dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tigerfish, yes me too, especially knowing my kids loooveee pasta :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...