Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mango Yoghurt Ice Cream

Weather has been so hot lately - thought of trying to make ice cream
Since I have never made one before, a simple and easy recipe was the one I looked for, especially knowing I don't own an ice cream maker

Mango is in season now, Thai honey mangoes is everywhere at a cheap price
I have 2 giant ones and apparently also 2 not so giant Thai rainbow mangoes

Found the recipe at Small Small Baker, this easy to make ice cream is really delicious!
















What you need:

500g fresh mangoes - I used 1 Thai honey and 1 Thai rainbow mangoes (original recipe = 300g, I added another 200g which I pulsed in a blender to form tiny chopped mangoes)
50g sugar (original recipe = 100g but my mangoes were so sweet that I had to reduce the sugar by half)
125g mango flavoured yoghurt (original recipe = 100g)
200g non dairy whipping cream
(original recipe used 1 tsp mango essence but I didn't use)

Blend 300g of the mangoes with sugar til it becomes puree
Mix in the tiny chopped mangoes, followed by yoghurt
Beat whipping cream until stiff and fold into the mango mixture til very well incorporated
Pour into a container and freeze overnight until it's firm

I'm submitting this yummy and healthy ice cream to "Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)" hosted by Bakericious at this LINK

4 comments:

  1. Your mango ice cream looks so delicious! I need to make some soon, the weather's getting so hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi SSB, yeah...singapore is getting so hot and humid lately
    what a refreshing treat!
    thks for the recipe ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do not have an ice cream maker too and i'm just looking forward to make some ice cream myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lena, awaiting for your icecream posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...