Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

THB #3 Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake

I baked these cuppies last Saturday, and was busy with family outings only today I can post :)

Another great cake best to serve during tea time, from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas, the third bake for The Home Bakers event :)

I made 1/2 recipe, and I didn't add any nuts nor ground cinnamon
For me personally, I believe it would have tasted better with both nuts and ground cinnamon powder added, too bad DH and the kids don't like it, so gotta ommit them, if not I would be the only one finishing all LOL


For the cake, I reduced the granulated sugar by half, added baking powder to 1 1/2 tsp instead of 1, while reducing baking soda to 1/2 tsp instead of 1 (I'm talking about full recipe here)

Also, I used cake flour to replace whole wheat flour. The next time I bake this cake again, I'll stick to whole wheat flour to know how different the texture will be
Using cake flour gave finer texture and spongy too

The use of blueberries here did help a lot in giving the moisture to the cake, which I like
Furthermore, I used 1 1/2 cup blueberries for my half recipe, so much juicy blueberries in the cake...yum!
I didn't use mixer for this recipe, all mixing done by wooden spoon and balloon whisk, such an easy cake to prepare, less things to wash :P

For full recipe, please hop over to Bizzy Bakes


Please visit The Home Bakers, you'll see other members' bakes and really hope you can join in the fun too!




14 comments:

  1. Halving the granulates sugar was great i did that too, and that was just the right amound for me.
    youre little cakes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thks Yvette :)
      yes, with the streusel on top, it would be too sweet if not reducing the amount of sugar for the cake :)

      Delete
  2. nice little cuppies! i agree with you that this is another wonderful coffee cake and shall be another good recipe for me to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little cuppies, Alice! Kids would love to have one cupcake full of blueberries all to themselves! Whole wheat flour gives a lovely texture to the cake, I'll try with all plain flour the next time! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks :)
      i'm looking for whole wheat flour soon :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Even without the cinnamon and nuts I think it is still tasty, especially with a hot cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty cuppies! I've used whole wheat flour & yogurt instead of buttermilk. The texture is really moist & soft! Will be making this recipe again during the berry season soon! It's simply delicious yet easy to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kit, thks :)
      i'll try using yoghurt and whole wheat fl the nxt time i bake this cake :)

      Delete
  6. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesMay 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM

    Hi Alice, nice cuppies. I agree that this is pretty easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Eileen, thks :)
      yes, not only easy, but also yummy :P

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...