Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Breaded Fried Fish Fillet

This was originally from fish and chips recipe from MamaFaMi's site but this time I served this dish with rice and soup for the kids since they, especially Abby, doesn't really like 'dry' plain white rice


Very nice indeed, either with chips or rice, it doesn't really matter :)

2 fillet of fish (I used premium sutchi, tilapia / dory would be nice too)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup plain flour
1 egg white
enough japanese panko breadcrumbs
enough oil for frying
  1. Wash fish and pat dry with kitchen towel
  2. Coat with lemon juice, salt and pepper
  3. Coat with plain flour
  4. Dip in egg white and followed by breadcrumbs
  5. Deep fry in hot oil til golden brown
Simple and nice :)

15 comments:

  1. Looking crispy and good :-)will it make a difference if i dip them in whole beaten eggs? I have never tried with egg white only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi hi, thks :)
      actually, dip in whole egg will taste nicer, but with only eggwhite it'll be more crunchy :)

      Delete
  2. Huwaaa Alice... you're making me wish for some now! Alamak, fish fillet out of stock pulak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi MamaFaMi, hehe...thks for the yummy recipe :)

      Delete
  3. I wish that I can pinch a piece of fish fillet from your screen. They look so crispy and yummy. I bet that all kids will love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Zoe, thks :) yes, my kids love this, the only way they like to eat fish :)

      Delete
  4. Your fish fillet looks so delicious! Fish and chips are my kids favourite, have not made any in quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks :)
      yeah, this is one of kids' fave dish :)

      Delete
  5. Alice, I like this fried fish fillet, just love how the flesh is so soft whereas the skin is so crispy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jessie, thks :)
      yes, the contrast i always love - crisp outside, soft inside :)

      Delete
  6. I adore good crisp fish fillets. These look fingerlicking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These fish fillets look delicious! So crusty! I like it like this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...