Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oven Fried Chicken (Barefoot Contessa)

This is the first recipe struck me when I browsed through Ina's recipes
I saw this and read the review, and I knew I had to make this
And I did, and I was glad I did
It's awesome! I love it, the whole family love it! Yummy!
I especially like to eat it with peri peri sauce my sis bought from Nando's
Plus a bowl of hot rice, and enough...who needs KFC? LOL




Crispy outside, and I mean, really crispy and tasty, too - and juicy inside
I think that should be the best 2 description for perfect fried chicken, isn't it?
And the best part is, it's not as sinful, since it's baked after lightly fried

This is the first time for me marinating chicken with buttermilk overnight, the result really worth the wait!
 
 
You may view the original recipe HERE
I modified the recipe after reading some comments, and this below suit me prefectly :)
 
 
What you need:
 
 
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
 
 
Marinade:
2 cups buttermilk (I used fresh milk + 2 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice)
1 tbsp Mc Cormick all purpose seasoning
1tbsp garlic powder
 
 
Coating:
1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp Mc Cormick all purpose seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder




  1. Mix all marinade, put chicken part in it, cover with cling wrap and marinate overnight in the fridge
  2. Mix all ingredients for coating
  3. Take out chicken parts from the marinade, coat evenly with coating mixture
  4. Deep fry for around 2-3 minutes each side over medium heat
  5. Pat dry with kitchen towel to remove the oil
  6. Preheat oven to 180degC
  7. Line baking tray with non stick baking paper, arrange the fried chicken on it and bake for around 15 minutes, take out from the oven, turn the chicken over to the other side and bake again for 20 minutes
  8. Serve hot


I'm linking this to Cook Like A Star blog hop event, hosted by Zoe, featuring Barefoot Contessa as the celebrity chef for the month of May

Below are the links of great bloggers joined the event, please hop over to their sites to view their yummy treats :)





25 comments:

  1. Alice.. kaya enak banget nih.. masuk list aku ahh.. mesti di coba nih.. thanks for sharing.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bener enak nih Mel, ayo dibikin, pasti anak2 suka :)

      Delete
  2. wadu!! Alice this looks amazing!! ayam goreng! My favourite! I would love to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sam, thks ya :) iya ini enaaakkk :) hope u like it :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, first I go to Lena's house for a lovely pizza lunch, then I'll hop over to yours for a delicious crunchy dinner, I love the wings!! Looks so delicious, I don't have to call my kids more than once when it's time for dinner, if they know I'll be serving this!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks :)
      this is indeed really yummy
      my kids love them so much! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh baking is sooo much better than frying.
    I hate disposing all the oil. Hate that more than the sputtering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Wendy, even though this one still required frying but not so long, and the oils were all gone during baking :)

      Delete
  5. Bake fried chicken, interesting. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this is interesting, oven fried chicken. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These chicken pieces look amazing! Nice to know that they are oven-baked, not deep fried. Totally agree with you...let's ditch KFC! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, LOL! yes, i myself was surprised the texture can be so crispy :)
      thks :)

      Delete
  8. I can't believe it's oven-cooked! I mean, it looks like deep fried and yeah, who needs KFC afterall!

    I must try out this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm really craving for some of these nowwwww...and it's such a wonderful option compared to frying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Janine, hehehe... go and try, its really good! finger licking good! :)

      Delete
  10. first time in your space...absolutely loved these oven fried chicken....looks so so tempting !!!!!!!!!seriously drooling over the pics :-)following ur space....do check out mine in ur free time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thks for dropping by, also thks for following :)
      visited your fabulous blog, all yummy food u have over there, not to mention great shots :)

      Delete
  11. Alice, I think I saw the same recipe b4! Now I really want to try the recipe. Oven fried chicken, very interesting way to make crispy skin chicken! I like, I like! Must try for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jessie, yes, this is indeed delicious!
      hope u like it :)
      and u know what, the chicken parts were all skinless, cos i hate chicken skin, my family too
      but the coating can form a beautiful layer as if the skin is still intact :)

      Delete
    2. Alice, these chicken didn't look like they were skinless! You've done a great job! I'm back to your blog again to copy down the recipe. And I've see another blogger friend with her version of the fried chicken & I've also copied her recipe. Actually after visiting your blog in the morning, I came out with a similar version of recipe & went to buy some curry powder back becoz I want to add some curry powder+smoked paprika in there as well & keep others as simple as possible. Planning to make it next weekend! Thanks!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...