Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chicken Wanton In Chilli Oil & Fried Wanton

I saw dim sum everywhere this month!
Don't want to miss out the opportunity to join in the fun and this wanton was the first thing in my to do list, it's in fact been in my list for the longest time LOL
Recipe is from Ellena's site, I did exactly like what she did, some I made into dumplings in chilli oil, some I made into fried wantons

After shaping...


Dumplings in chilli oil...


Juicy and tasty chicken filling...



What you need:

For the filling:
150g minced chicken
30g grated carrots
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped spring onion

Seasoning:
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp cooking wine
fish sauce, pepper
1 tsp cornflour
  1. Mix all the ingredients and seasonings in a medium bowl, keep in the fridge for around 1  hour
  2. Using dumpling mould, place 1 piece of round dumpling wrapper on the mould, top with meat fillings, close and press tight to form a perfect sealed dumpling
  3. Bring a pot of water to boil with 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Slowly drop in the wrapped dumplings and cook over medium heat
  4. Once the dumplings float on the surface, take out of the boiled water and splash the cooked dumplings with cold water
  5. Place the dumplings on serving plate. drizzle some sesame oil and pour the chilli oil and garnish with chopped spring onion if you like
For the chilli oil:

2 tbsp Lao Gan Ma Chili Flavoured Oil
80ml Hot Water
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vinegar
  1. Heat the chilli flavored oil in microwave for 1 minute
  2. Dissolve sugar in the hot water and pour over the heated chilli oil, add in vinegar and stir well
This spicy dish is so yummy I ate with my fullest courage after seeing the red chilli oil LOL
Now for the fried wanton, I used square wanton wrappers using the same filing as above
I put 1 tsp of the filling at the centre of the wrapper, brush the corners with water
Fold into triangle shape, and pull the two edges below to form diamond shape by sticking the two edges together
Heat oil in frying pan, and deep fry the wantons til golden brown and crisp
Serve warm with mayonnaise and ketchup

This is my kids' choice :)



10 comments:

  1. I happen to have some extra home made crispy chilli. I better clean up my frozen wanton skins tonight.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Looks so delicious! I have not seen that brand of chili oil over here, maybe did not notice it before! Now I have! Will go look for it! And the fried ones looks yummy too, definitely a top favourite for the kids, (me too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks :)
      hope u can find the chilli oil :)

      Delete
  3. Looks good. I saw kitchen flavours did something similar yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Chris, yes, hers looks so mouthwatering :)
      thks!

      Delete
  4. Yummy yummy especially with the chilli oil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! These is absolutely mouth watering! Love the added chili oil! YUM! I must show this post to my sister whose a huge fan of chili. Add chili in almost anything except in her cupcakes! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...