Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Homemade Chicken Burger

I've made this recipe before, please view HERE
But this time, I really did everything homemade, including the buns :)




Recipe is from Sonia's site

For the chicken patties:

What you need:

500g minced chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
3tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
3tbsp fresh milk
1/4tsp white pepper powder
1/4tsp black pepper powder
1/4tsp chicken stock powder
1tsp salt or to taste

plain flour - enough for coating
1 egg - lightly beaten
fresh breadcrumbs - enough for coating
  1. Mix fresh breadcrumbs and milk in a mixing bowl, set aside for few minutes
  2. Fry the onions till soft, and mix into minced chicken
  3. Add the rest of ingredients and seasoning, mix till well combine, form into patties
  4. One by one, dip patties in plain flour, next coat in beaten eggs, then transfer to breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly
  5. Pan frying with little oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain with paper towels
For the burger buns:
(combine au Lait and water roux method)
 
Water roux starter method:
 
50g High protein flour/bread flour
250g water
  1. Combine water and flour in a pot, cook over low fire, keep stirring till become thick and no lumps, the texture is something like baby porridge (still a little runny)
  2. Remove from heat, cover loosely with plastic wrap to prevent from drying. Keep in the fridge after completely cooling down for later use
Burger dough (combine au Lait and water roux method):
 
450g bread flour
55g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
170g fresh milk (cold)
40g egg white
1½ tsp yeast
50g butter (soften in room temp)
100g water roux starter
  1. Using breadmaker, put all the ingredients except butter in breadmaker pan, and start 'dough'programme - approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
  2. Remove dough from the bowl, punch out the air, equally divide into smooth round shape each 50g, arrange on baking pan lined with non stick baking paper, rest for another 20mins
  3. Apply egg wash
  4. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25mins

The buns were soft, a little chewy, a bit too compact, but definitely better than the first burger buns I made
It turned a little harder the following day, but warming it up in microwave solved the problem :)

I used tomato, lettuce to put together with the chicken patty in the bun, spread a little tomato ketchup, dijon mustard and chilli sauce
Yum! :)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely burger! One I would not mind having for my lunch! And your buns looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thanks :) this is one delicious burger my family loves :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, when I saw homemade I thought you meant the patty, but you even bake the buns! Homemade is the best! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Riceball, thks :)
      the first time I made this burger, I only made the patties, this time I tried to bake the buns too and really no regret!

      Delete
  3. Everything homemade. 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! I thought I was going to make the fried chicken on this weekend but my throat is not feeling well, looks like have to delay my plan. I think it is due to me sleeping too late at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jessie, thks!
      hope u get well soon :)
      so can make the fried chicken asap LOL

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...