Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Easy Coconut Cake With Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting For Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and just like my birthday, or any other occassion, I baked my own cake (excuse to do more baking LOL)

I initially planned to bake different kind of cake, but to my luck, two of the ingredients weren't available everywhere wew....
So instantly I went for my plan B
It's this cake I saw when I was browsing through 4ingredients website
I was thinking that it's just too easy to taste nice, the thought brought my curiousity up

So I baked this cake, out from the oven and let cool
When it was warm, I tried a bite and really, I wasn't impressed at all, I was thinking, is this a cake?
And the second bite, the third bite and then, I found myself keep eating this cake

I came back when it was completely cool, I spread the pineapple cream cheese frosting, and I changed my mind 180 degree, this cake with its unique texture is awesome!

This is one exotic cake I made today!





The texture is rather dense, a little chewy, somehow it has bread like texture
The taste is wonderful, if you're into coconut
The cake on itw own is already nice, adding with the frosting is just great!
I always think coconut and pineapple is best friend, two exotic fruits together :)


So, here's the recipe which I modified a little...

What you need:

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup sugar (original was 1 cup)
1 cup buttermilk (original was fresh milk)
  1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Grease and line 20cm square pan
  2. Using wooden spoon, mix all ingredients in a bowl
  3. Pour the mixture onto the pan and bake for 45 minutes approximately or when skewer comes out clean
  4. Remove from the pan after 5 minutes and let completely cool on wire rack
Please view here for the cream cheese frosting
I added a good handful of canned pineapple cut and beat together tiltil it formed small lumps
Spread pineapple cream cheese frosting on top

Now, just wanna share the cards I received from my kids :)

From Abby, she did this at school:


Another one she made at home:


And this is from Ian, he made it at school:


So heartwarming isn't it? What a delight!

To all, Happy Mother's Day! Have a wonderful time with your family :)

10 comments:

  1. This must be yummmyyyy... no left over?? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks lovely and your daughter is really sweet! The cards are beautiful and extra special!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice this is simple and pretty cake for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Angeline, thks :)
      but my kids apprently didnt really like this cake :o(
      they're chocolate addicts LOL
      my girl still eat fruity cakes, but apparently not coconut :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, your children are so sweet to make you 2 cards, I remembered getting cards from my boys when they were small but now they just send text messages *eyes rolling* I agreed coconut and pineapples do go together perfectly, this cake must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thks :)
      this cake is really yummy!
      yeah, i better enjoy the time now that the kids are still clinging to me
      when they grow older, they're too busy with themselves and friends :)

      Delete
  5. I defintely want to try this someday. Love all the bake along 4 ingredients recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...