Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

ABC June 2012 - Overnight Brioche Braid

Brioche, one of my favorite bread, hence my excitement in making this month's ABC project, an event organized by Hanaa
This is the second brioche I made, recipe is from the book The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge

This is the first time I braided bread! I never even braid my girl's hair LOL
I am lousy in shaping bread, so pardon my skinny brioche braid :)

I didn't leave the dough overnight, I started making in the afternoon, by dinner time everybody could enjoy it :)

I wanted to make just 1 braid but unfortunately it couldn't fit in my pan, so I divided into 2 braids and I had some balance of the dough, I split into 2 and put them into bread cups
Looking at the result, I guess it would have been nicer if I made just 1 thick braid instead of 2 skinny ones. Thick braid would feel fluffier :)

I sprinkled one braid with grated cheddar cheese, and  the other one with chocolate rice
Also chocolate rice sprinkled on the 2 cupbreads :)


Look at the texture, so soft!


I followed the recipe to the dot, except that I used bread flour instead
And I don't own water thermometer, so I didn't measure the milk temperature, I only assumed it's ready to use when it's lukewarm

I used breadmaker to do the kneading job
The dough is not so difficult to handle, only in the first one minute it's a little sticky but after that it's allright. Just like what the book described - it's soft but not sticky, but I still needed to use a little flour

This bread is already good on its own, mixing it with chocolate chips, raisins or other dried fruits would be even better
Replacing a little of the milk with some orange juice will be a pleasant bonus, I guess


Please view this link for other ABC members baking their brioche too :)

29 comments:

  1. What a great idea of making one loaf savory (with cheese) and one loaf sweet (with chocolate sprinkles). They both look wonderfully soft. I too will be using my bread machine for this :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi hanaa, thks!
      this is one good brioche recipe!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to make two flavours! I like the cheese one, my kids would love both! Hehe! Another keeper recipe! The texture is really soft and fluffy, and it stays that way too even the next day! Wonderful bake!
    Have a lovely weekend, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, hi Joyce, thks!
      yes i agree with u, great recipe :)
      i love the cheese too, my kids love the chocolate one :)

      Delete
  3. Your braided bread looks so good. The chocolate rice braid brioches I want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Angeline, thks!
      you must fight with my kids to get the chocolate rice one LOL

      Delete
  4. i saw joyce's ones yesterday and i told her that i would also like to try a braided one someday! The texture of your brioche looks really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lena, thks!
      this is my first braided bread and even though its still imperfect, but i really think its not so difficult after all :)

      Delete
  5. these are looking great... neither you nor joyce nor zoe provided the recipe.... is it not allowed to provide the recipe for this challenge? i dont have the recipe book :-( or should i contact Hanna to get the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nashreen, thks :)
      its encouraged to own the book to join this event hence the post without recipe
      yes, u may contact Hanaa for the recipe :)

      Delete
    2. I seeee, i will try to look for it in my book store ^_^ thanks

      Delete
  6. I love the cheese idea. At first I thought it was Parmesean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lois, thks :)
      no its cheddar, cos thats the only cheese i have in the fridge on that day LOL

      Delete
  7. Your brioche looked soft & fluffy! One can addict to just making bread! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jessie, thks :)
      this is a must try recipe :)

      Delete
  8. Your kids must be excited eating these brioches with cheese and chocolate sprinkles :D What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thks Zoe! my kids love the choco sprinkles :)

      Delete
  9. What a nice idea to sprinkle a loaf with chocolate!
    I didn't find the braiding too easy, either, and from what I read from you and others I wish my old bread machine hat not met its maker - I used the heck out of it, just making the dough, not for baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Hanseata, thks :)
      i guess practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  10. I love the chocolate! What a fun idea. And the cupcake size ones too. My kids sure did love this recipe.
    http://love2cooksweets.blogspot.com/2012/06/abc-weekend-baker-brioche.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alice!

    I'm sorry it took me so long to get over here to see your brioche- you did a wonderful job... both of your braids look delicious. I've never heard of chocolate rice- is it the same thing as chocolate sprinkles? Just curious!

    Have a great start to your week!

    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joy, thks for dropping by and your comment :)
      yes, it's actually chocolate sprinkles / jimmies
      here in singapore we call it chocolate rice :)
      have a great week ahead :)

      Delete
  12. Ah! Great thinking; you made one for me -savory- and one for my boys -chocolate!-, hold on, we're coming over!
    They look yummy, I really should have made those cupcake ones, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Baking Soda, thks :)
      oh your boys gotta fight with my kids over the chocolate brioche LOL
      and u will face me first hahahaa.... we both like the cheese one :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely loaves!! Can't believe you never braided your girls hair, as I see she's got beautiful long hear. (btw Your loaves looks great braids to me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lien, thks :)
      yes i can braid my girl's hair neatly, perhaps i really need to do it more often to practise :)

      Delete
  14. Hallo Ci Alice, apa kabar saya Mina, senang sekali berkunjung ke blognya...banyak contekkan yg enak2... btw sy biasa bikin roti ga bisa selembut Roti cici yg di foto (di atas). boleh ga share resepnya ? thks sblumnya. (email : minangadiman@ymail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halo Mina, makasih ya dah mampir ke blog ku :)
      resep nya aku email ya...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...