Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Fried Tilapia (Happy Call) With Mango Salsa

Nice combination, tasty fish with refreshing mango salsa
I love the salsa so much I can eat it on its own! it's sour, spicy, with a hint of sweetness too, and the shallot, vegetables plus the mango itself are so crunchy, so refreshing! Yum yum...



Recipe is from Fong's site

What you need:

1 large black tilapia
soya sauce
pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
corn flour
oil to fry the fish

*For mango salsa, mix the ingredients below just before serving:
1 green mango, shredded
shredded carrot
shredded cucumber
red chillies, sliced
spring onion, cut
3 shallots, thinly sliced
lemon juice
approx 1 tbsp palm sugar, break into pieces
fish sauce
pepper
  1. Marinade fish with soya sauce and pepper
  2. Rub with beaten egg and then dust with corn flour, set aside
  3. Fry til golden brown on both sides, drain excess oil
Since I prefer the fish to remain crisp, I didn't pour the salsa over

Those sour and spicy food lovers, this is a must try! :)

11 comments:

  1. Found my way here from The "KitchenWitch", CookWithNoBooks
    Beautiful photos! Now I want to make some even though I don't think I have any tilapia in the house right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! thks for coming by :)
      also for your nice comment :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! Can I come for dinner? I love tilapia and anything with mango! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, hahaha... i really hope we can have dinner together one day :)
      thks! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the mango salsa.... Will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mich, thks :) hope u like it
      i love the salsa too :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Alice, I like your mango salsa. yum yum!

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Amelia, thks, same here, I love the salsa so much I can eat without the fish :)
      have a great day !

      Delete
  5. hi, thks for dropping by and your compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...