Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheesy S'mores Mini Swiss Rolls

Remember my cheesy s'mores whoopie pies? I still have the cream cheese filling and the chocolate ganache sat prettily in the fridge
Such a waste if I don't finish them up

As a new member of NCC Indonesia I'm so keen in participating in their event - right now it's all about swissroll
So here it is - my cheesy s'mores mini swissroll :)


Chocolate swissroll recipe is from Hesti's site - soft and yummy :)
Since I don't have the pan with the size suggested by her - 28x28x3cm, I used my cookie pans - 25x25x2cm - divided the batter into 2
That explained why I had those 2 long mini swissrolls :)
It was such an experience - knowing it's only my second attempt on swissroll - the cakes were so thin I was so scared they could torn into pieces during handling - I was lucky they didn't
I could actually just pour everything into 1 pan if I prefer not so mini roll :)
And I was even luckier to be able to roll them without any crack whatsoever :P

What you need:

8 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
100g caster sugar
30g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
10g milk powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
85g melted butter
1/2 tsp chocolate paste

For filling:
marshmallow fluff mixed with cream cheese - recipe here

Topping:
chocolate ganache (recipe can be viewed at the same link for the filling above)
graham crackers crumbs

Preheat oven to 190degC
Grease pan with butter and top with parchment paper (I used 25x25x3cm - 2 of them for making mini rolls, normal size roll will be best to use 1 pan with size of 28x28x3cm)
Sieve plain flour, cocoa powder, milk powder and baking powder together - set aside
Beat eggs, salt and sugar on high speed til ribbon stage and doubled in volume
Add in sieved flour mixture - fold in gradually slowly till well mixed
Mix melted butter and chocolate paste in small bowl
Add in the butter mixture in the batter - fold in gradually slowly till well mixed
Pour batter on the pan(s)
Bake for approximately 8minutes for mini rolls (a little longer for normal roll)
(the surface should not be dry - spring to the touch, if overbake it can crack during rolling)
Let cool on cooling rack

After cooled, transfer the cake on parchment paper, and spread the filling
After done with the filling, roll the cake using the paper away from you, tighten it and keep the roll in the paper for 10 minutes or so, after that open the paper
Spread chocolate ganache on top of the roll and sprinkle graham crackers crumbs on top

6 comments:

  1. Waaaaaa mbak...I love it, justru cantik karena banyak spiralnya...ditunggu karya berikutnya ya...^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jasmine, thks :) still did with trembling hands especially this one is small - only around 5cm diameter *phew* :)

    hi Hesti, hehe...iya nih, diameternya cuma 5cm an ampe ngeri2 gitu ngegulungnya - apalg ngebaliknya heheheheh...
    thks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful..i dont think ican roll mine up as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Lena, thks a lot! u're kidding me, of course u can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Alice..i m new here..i'd never make roll cake on my own..should keep this in my list! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...