Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Bakings - Cake & Bread 4Hubby

Today is Father's Day - Happy Father's Day to all daddies out there, hope u all had a great time today :)

As for my kids' daddy, he requested for orange pound cake - he loves pound cake :)
That's great cos I have some oranges sitting in the fridge still untouched

Here it is....I made this cake before - recipe is from HERE
As yummy and delicious as before, especially with a cup of coffee or tea :)



And I also baked a heart shaped chocolate and strawberry bread

Recipe is from HERE
I divided the dough into 2 - one mixed with 1 tsp chocolate paste, and the other one mixed with 1 tsp strawberry paste (I kneaded each in the breadmaker for 5minutes til the color is even)
I rolled each dough to long thick strips - I arranged the chocolate dough outside and strawberry inside (I used heart shape pan)
Egg wash and bake in preheated oven of 180degC for approx 15minutes
Brush with margarine while still hot

Mmmm...the heart shape inside does not look like how a heart shape supposed to be huh? *grin*


Just like before, this recipe made a soft fluffy bread - now with a hint of chocolate and strawberry taste
But I personally still find the taste a lil too plain so I spread some raspberry jam or nutella - YUM! :)
See the bottom picture below, I cut it like a slice of cake hihihi....


I just wished my dad were here with me so he could taste them too
Too bad he's not in town for now :)

I'm submitting this hearty bread to Aspiring Bakers #8 June'11 Bread Seduction hosted by Jasmine from The Sweetylicious at this LINK

14 comments:

  1. I love pound cakes too ! Your pound certainly looks so butterly rich and soft in texture. And there's a very innovative way of having dual favours in a heart shaped bread !

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pound cake look so lovely and refreshing! (:
    the bread is so unique!! nice heart shape too! GREAT JOB ALICE! (: (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. the texture of the bread looks really nice! what lovely treats for your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Joyce, thks for dropping by 'n ur nice comment :)

    hi Jasmine, thks - i wouldnt have made such shape without my heart shape pan heheheh....

    hi Lena, thks - yeah, he loves both :)

    hi Angel, thks ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bisa kubayangkan sensasi jeruknya...yummi

    Mbak Alice kreatif buanget...rotinya cantik...

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful bread Alice! love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pound cake looks delicious and the bread is so fluffy and soft! Perfect to make any daddy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the colours and the texture on your bread. Daddy would sure be happy with it and the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Hesti, iya nih pound cake nya enyak....:) wah itu rotinya acak adul hatinya hehehe... :)
    makasih ya....

    hi Jess, thks! i am not really happy with the heart shape inside though :P

    hi Janine, thks! tastewise, both are really nice only the shape of the pink heart that i'm not so happy hahaha....

    hi Lina, thks! yeah, the most important he enjoyed them so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owww I love the heart shape and the pink chocolate colors. It surely wouldn't hurt to add nutella/raspberry jam heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I find the heart shaped bread rather cute and the pound cake look so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love orange flavored cake too, so citrusy! Your bread looks soft and yummy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Rita, thks - yeah, me too loves the color :)

    hi Cheah - thks for the nice comment :)

    hi LCOM, thks - yeah, i too love cake with fruits, esp butter cake :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...