Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Braised Meesua With Chicken & Greens In Abalone Sauce

I saw this recipe in Mind Your Body insert last week, looks yummy, and indeed this is really yummy and best of all - simple to make, of course not to forget - it's healthy too :)



What you need:
( I modified quite a bit to suit my family liking - the original recipe would taste too bland for me - of course will be way healthier than my version hehehehe...)

200g meesua - blanch in hot water to soften
100g chicken breast
4 cloves of garlic - crushed
1 pack of chyesim - cut and blanch in hot water
canola oil spread, water, sesame oil, light soya sauce, cooking wine, abalone sauce

Heat canola oil spread in the frying pan, stir fry garlic til fragrant
Add in water, bring to boil
Transfer half of the soup to a small pot and add in a pinch of chicken stock powder
Add in softened meesua to the remainig soup - mix well
Set aside

Marinade the chicken with sesame oil, light soya sauce and cooking wine
After cooked, transfer the chicken + the stock to a frying pan - simmer and adjust the taste if necessary
Continue to simmer til the stock only left a lil bit
Let cool - shred the chicken

Arrange meesua in serving plate / bowl - mix well with a few drops of sesame oil and abalone sauce
Top up the meesua with shredded chicken and blanched chyesim
Pour a lil soup on top

Eat while still hot and for me, I eat with bottled chilli sauce too
Yummy!

The recipe above is for family of 4 - below is the cost (approx)...

meesua = $1
chicken = $1.50
chyesim = $1
abalone sauce = $3
others = my existing stock around $1
total = $7.50

I'm submitting this dish to  June $20 Budget Meal - Specific Ingredient is "Noodle" at this LINK



I am submitting this post to [June $20 Budget Meal - Noodle] host by Ellena of Cuisine Paradise at this Link HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Is this a special brand of meesua that you use? I stay away from meesua - they always break. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi The Experimental Cook, i dun use any special brand, just grab what the supermkt usually has :)
    this recipe doesnt require much stirring of the meesua, so its still safe - wont break much
    u see my 2nd pic, when its lifted up, also break everywhere hehehehe...
    as long as its yummy kekekek... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yooo Alice, this is a very healthy dish! I love it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ellena, thks - indeed this is a healthy one -and yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...