Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jolly Jammers

Love these cookies! Soft crumbly - everything's just right!
I personally love those with jam filling but since my family is chocoholic, I also used nutella filling for variety
(wanted to use dark cooking chocolate but too lazy to do the melting process hehe...)



Recipe is from dailydelicious
(for 25-30 cookies)

What you need:

200g butter*
100g icing sugar
2 egg yolks 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
250g plain flour , plus extra for rolling 
strawberry jam for the filling (I also use nutella for variety)
icing sugar for dusting 
*If using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt

Beat the butter, icing sugar, salt and egg yolks until thick and creamy, then add the vanilla extract and flour and beat until the mixture forms a dough
Wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for at least 1hour
Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut out 50-60rounds using a 2 inches cookie cutter. Cut a heart or other shape out of the centre of half of the rounds. Put them on trays lined with baking paper and bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown
If they spread slightly and lose their shape, just re-cut them as they come out of the oven, while the biscuits are still warm. Allow to cool
Dust the heart cut-out rounds with icing sugar
Put the jam in microwavable bowl, and heat for 30 seconds
To assemble, sandwich the whole rounds and heart cut-out rounds together with  jam

These cookies was my contribution for LBT April challenge - nice looking with great taste

Hope the next time I make these again, they can be as pretty as what's shown in the original recipe *grin*

3 comments:

  1. The nutella is a brilliant idea. I am always too lazy to melt chocolate :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These remind me of the cookies I got from London - called Jammers as well - with heart shaped centres too! I love nutella and jam equally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Rita, hehe...me too, and I always love nutella - me and the whole fam :)

    hi Janine, really? hehe... nice isn't it?
    me and the whole fam love these cookies alot! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...