Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Peppermint Snowskin With Chocolate Baileys Mint Filling Mooncakes 2011

My 2nd mooncakes :)

This is something that can tickle my determination of being strict about my diet :P
But I did have problem in handling the filling, cos after mixing the white lotus paste with the melted chocolate - before the Baileys, the dough was already soft
After Baileys was added, it's way too soft to shape I had to store them in the freezer for half a day
Fortunately after that it's not too bad proceed *phew
After doing all the shaping and moulding, they have to be kept in the fridge
In the room temperature, the filling will start to soften in no time
But aside from all that, this is a hit in the house :)


You see what I mean about the soft filling...the pic below was around 10minutes after I took out from the fridge, soft and a little difficult to cut

The recipe for the skin is from HERE with additional of 1 1/2 tsp of peppermint essence

As for the filling, I just mixed my ready to use white lotus paste (300g) with melted chocolate mint (I used Andes brand (60g) with Cadbury chocolate milk (30g)), 1 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp peppermint essence and 5 tbsp Baileys mint (lesser than this and you won't be able to taste the Baileys)

This is really worth trying - those who adore chocolate peppermint combo - like me :)
So chocolatey and so minty hehe...

I'm submitting my this mooncakes to Aspiring Bakers #11 Mid-Autumn Treats hosted by HHB of  Happy Home Baking



4 comments:

  1. Baileys mooncake! Sound very interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried mooncakes with mint chocolate filling before! My daughter loves choc mint, she would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. westerners would love these type of mooncakes too! that's a very nice design on the mould..very traditional pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Zoe, thks! some did sell mooncakes with baileys, but no mint hihi...

    hi Joyce, thks! i think ur girl will like this - perhaps can reduce a little of the mint taste :)

    hi Lena, thks! this is in fact my one and only mould i have for now hihihi..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...