Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ondeh Ondeh / Klepon

This is a nonya delicacy which is very popular in Singapore
In Indonesia, we call this 'klepon'



What you need:
(source: NCC modified by me)

250g glutinuous rice flour
50g rice flour
150ml water
1 tsp pandan paste
2 tsp lime stone paste (optional)
100g palm sugar - chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 litre water
grated coconut

Mix both flour  - set aside
Mix water, pandan paste and lime stone paste
Pour the water mixture onto the flour mixture, mix and knead til forming a clay like texture
Take 1 tbsp dough, flatten, put palm sugar filling at the centre, close and shape like a ball
Bring water to a boil, put the balls in it, let cook and float
Drain and immediately roll them on the grated coconut which has been mixed with salt til evenly covered

Note:
Do steam the grated coconut for approx 15mins prior to use - it'll stay fresh longer :)


Btw, just a reminder that the deadline for my 1st year blog anniversary giveaway will be on this coming Sunday 23.59 - please do participate
My apology but this time it'll be only for those reside in Singapore :)

5 comments:

  1. my favorite snack of all times, too delicious to resist! send me some willya =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... my family love this!! I would make them when my son crave for it. If my sees your post, I will have to go get all the ingredients and start making them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like to have some now! Here we only find ondeh-ondeh with brown decicated coconut filling and not palm sugar. Nice ondeh you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite snack but a pity that I don't like desiccated coconut so I only go to one stall that sell freshly made and ask them just for the oneh without the coconut. hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jess, thks! mine too :) good to see u around - awaiting for your postings :)

    hi Honey Boy, hehe thks...for now my kids still cannot apreciate this snack :) only me and hubby - enjoy making :)

    hi Vivian, thks :) here in Spore there are some stalls selling with palm sugar filling
    in Indonesia they only have palm sugar filling
    for me, this is the only filling I like hehe...

    hi Edith, i never try desiccated coconut yet - i used grated coconut those sold in package in supermarkets.. the ondeh without coconut must look cute - like little green balls hihi...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...