Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cheesy Shanghai Mooncakes 2011

This is my last batch of mooncakes of the month :)



Thanks to Sonia for this wonderful recipe, its so yummy! :)
The skin reminded me of pineapple tart skin - soft melt in the mouth kind
So perfect with the white lotus paste and salted egg yolk filling

One thing I didn't do was to shape them like eggs - too lazy to do it, so I just shaped them like balls :P
Agree with her, I too highly recommend this recipe! :)

I'm submitting my this mooncakes to Aspiring Bakers #11 Mid-Autumn Treats hosted by HHB of  Happy Home Baking


6 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, did you cook the salted egg before you put inside the moon cake?
    Thank you so much for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you, this mooncake so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i would also like to give this a try !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Susan, i'm very sorry for the late reply, have been unwell for the past week :(
    yes, I did boil the salted eggs first and just took out the yolk for the mooncakes :)
    thks for dropping by :)

    hi Cindy, hi5! :)

    hi Lena, yes yes, you should! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice,
    thank you for answering my answer. Hope you feel better by now.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Susan, no problem - have u tried this? hope u like it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...