Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Wonton Soup

Having  a few different recipes for both dumpling and wonton, I did this recipe first from Lidia's site since it has step by step guide on the shaping part (she showed 3 different kinds) but I ended up doing my own way - taught by my mum :P




What you need:

200g chicken breast - diced
200g prawn - deveined
chopped spring onion
3cm ginger - cut small
4 shallots - cut small
6 garlic - cut small
oyster sauce, fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil,
1 tbsp corn starch
ready to use wonton skin

Blend together chicken, prawn, ginger, shallots, garlic, oyster sauce, fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil til smooth - set aside...filing is done

Put 1 tsp of the filling at the centre of the wonton skin, fold to form triangle shape
Using a little water, glue the left and right corner together upright (going above the filling), push the bottom part (below the filling) upwards a little to make the shape looks better (be gentle to avoid the sking from tearing)
===> I know it's not easy to imagine what I wrote above, I'll try to take a snap of how to do step by step the next time I make this again ya :)
For steps from Lidia, you may hop to her blog I mentioned above

For the soup, stir fry 3 cloves of garlic with a little oil, throw in a pot of chicken stock (I boiled a pot of water with chicken bone), add in the wonton - they'll float when cooked
Throw in some cut xiao ba chai and chopped spring onion, season with salt, pepper and a little chicken stock powder

I did deep fry some of the wonton too but didn't take a picture of them :)

Overall, this recipe is not too bad - shall try the others next time :)

3 comments:

  1. you have nimble hands! i always get too greedy and have my fillings seep out of the skin hahahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jean, haha...i controlled myself this time and kept on thinking..more is not always better hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Alice! stopping by to look for the award you've tagged me before..still looking for it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...