Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

THB#18 Blueberry Almond Cake

Another keeper recipe from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas
The Home Bakers bakes recipes from this book currently, and many times, if not all, impressed by the results :)

A super soft and moist cake, bursting with lots of juicy blueberries and crunchy almonds
Perfect for tea time companion! Delicious!





The original name for this cake is Marionberry Hazelnut Cake
Anybody familiar with marionberry? I am not. In fact, I never heard about it :)
I googled for the image, it looks similar to blackberry, but more to oval in shape
Tastewise, I am clueless, I never even see it here in Singapore hehehe...

Hence, I chose blueberries to replace marionberry, and instead of hazelnut, I used almond instead
I baked half recipe using 20x10cm rectangle pan
I followed the recipe accordingly, but reduced both sugars to 1/8cup each (total 1/4 cup for both sugars combined) - the sweetness is just nice to my liking
I replaced almond extract to vanilla extract
Using almond meal and omitted 1/2 tsp cinnamon (for half recipe) supposedly mixed in the batter
1 cup of blueberries seemed a lot for the pan I used, but I used up all anyway
I used chopped almond for topping

For the full recipe, please visit Janis from The Kitchen Is My Shrink whom has chosen this great recipe from the book :)




This post is for The Home Bakers hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours
 
To view other members' baking this cake, please visit The Home Bakers (THB)

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to sink my teeth into the blueberry and almonds.... got to be Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, your cake sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...