Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Crispy Oyster Mushroom

A super addictive snack. So yummy! :)
I made a batch and it's gone so quickly!




Recipe is from Nina's site

What you need:

2 packets (300g) of fresh oyster mushroom 
2 eggs (I used only the whites)
1 tsp salt
150g plain flour
50g corn flour
5g baking powder (I used double acting)
enough oil for deep frying
garlic salt

Method:
  1. Mix together plain flour, corn flour and baking powder
  2. Wash clean mushroom, cut lengthwise (remove the stem)
  3. Dip mushroom in the egg whites, drain
  4. Put in the mushroom in the flour mixture, make sure all are fully coated
  5. Heat oil in frying pan (lots of oil!) and deep fry mushroom til crisp
  6. Remove from heat and drain over kitchen towel, let cool
  7. Sprinkle with garlic salt and toss well
  8. Keep in airtight container

 
 
This post is for  Little Thumbs Up May - Mushroom, organised by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and  Doreen from my little favourite DIY, hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    I can see how addictive these are! Looks really good! Very "dangerous" if put in front of me, they will be gone in a flash! :)
    Thank you for linking to LTU!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply dip this fried mushroom with sweet chili sauce, sure very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if I can bake it instead of frying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i gues shuld be possible to bake but not sure about the outcome, perhaps less crisp?

      Delete
  5. Hi Alice, Thanks for the great Mushroom recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a pack of oyster mushroom in the fridge and no idea on what to do with it. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice,

    I can imagine... I wouldn't stop munching one too.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just tried this recipe and it was awesome! I just added some salt, garlic powder and chilly flakes to the flour mix to add more flavors! Thanks for sharing
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe! As a vegan alternative, I use ground chia seed mixed with water instead of eggs and it worked great!! :P yummm... I also used gluten-free flour + brown rice flour (it's what I had handy) and it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...