Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

2nd Anniversary Bake Along #44 - Lots Of Berries Coffee Cupcakes (Barefoot Contessa)

Happy birthday Bake Along! Time flies so fast!
2 years and 43 bakes so far, wow!
I have counted and I have actually missed out 15 bakes! Ooppss! :P
Anyway, those missed out bakes are in my to do list. Slowly I'll make it up LOL

Here are some yummy cupcakes burst with berries
Hopefully it's all right since I didn't do any decoration this time
I used a combination of strawberries and blackberries
Recipe is from Barefoot Contessa which I saw at Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
Very delicious cuppies, the sweetness from the cake and the tanginess from the berries blended so well together in every bite
These were not muffins to me, the texture is more to cupcakes



 


What you need:

12 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 extra-large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream (I replaced with plain yoghurt)
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 half-pints mixture of fresh strawberries and blackberries
(I quartered the strawberries)
 
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 175degC. Prepare muffin pans
  2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (high speed). On low speed, add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla, yoghurt, and milk
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  4. On low speed add flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed
  5. Fold in the berries with a spatula gently til well mixed
  6. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 30 min, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean
 
I was pretty fortunate to get these batch of blackberries. They were firm and sweet. And the best of all, the price is really attractive I grabbed two punnets and I regretted I didn't take more LOL
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    Thank you for the support to Bake-Along all this while, it always is a pleasure to have you bake-along with us!
    Your cake looks really moist and so delicious bursting with berries! Blackberries are extremely expensive over here, that I have never bought them before! If they are on offer, I would have grabbed several punnets too! :)
    Thank you for linking!
    Have a great and delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice! Love the burst of berries, looks really moist and delicious! I joined Bake-Along halfway too so I've actually missed out the bakes in front. Wish I can stock up on blackberries too! They are way to expensive here in Singapore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happt 2nd anniversary to your bake-along event with Joyce, Zoe & Lena! These cupcakes look delicious there & I like the coffee+berries combination

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to have berries in my cake, but alas my kids dislike them. So my cakes have been sans berries for a looonngg time. *envy* Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes look good, Alice. Thumbs up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like blackberries too, but as Joyce said it's very expensive here.. I think close to RM30 per punnet. Lovely cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy second birthday. Your cake looks soft and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! so you hv missed out 15? no problem, you have been such a supporter to our event, thanks so much! lovely texture of the cupcakes! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so simple yet so delicious! Would love to bake some too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alice,

    I remember this recipe from Barefoot Contessa... Totally agree that these muffins tastes more like coffee cakes than muffins. Plus they are very delicious!

    I didn't realise that you have missed out 15 bake-along. You are always our regular baking along buddy... maybe the 15 are mainly the first few when only Joyce, Lena and I baked when we first started.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the great fruity cupcakes u had.. for sure, i am one of these cupcakes lover:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. You said it, definitely lots of berries!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...