Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Soft Cinnamon Pretzel - In Just 30 Minutes!

This is my second soft pretzels. The first one I baked, it took me about an hour and a half. This recipe saves 2/3 of the time. Yes, only 30 mins! And the result is very very close!
I am a happy girl :)


I always like my soft pretzels fat! And I sprinkled way too much of cinnamon, but I love cinnamon, so that's good!:)



Recipe is from Sally's Baking Addiction

What you need:
(below is half recipe with some modification, yielded 4 fat pretzels)

3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 1/8 tsp active instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup bread flour
1/8 cup bread flour (or plain flour) for kneading
3 cups of water
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 tbsp butter, melted
some mixture of brown sugar and ground cinnamon for sprinkling

Method:
  1. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water, stir with a spoon about 1 minute. Some clusters of yeast will remain. Add sugar, stir
  2. Mix salt and flour. Stir in 1 3/4 cup flour mixture gradually. Add in the remaining 1/8 cup flour. You will find the dough is not sticky anymore. Poke it, if it bounces back, it's ready for kneading
  3. Preheat oven to 220degC. Line baking sheet
  4. Knead the dough on floured surface for 3 minutes and shape into a ball. Cut into 4 parts (the number of parts depends on how big / small you want your pretzels to be)
  5. Roll one part of the dough til forms a long rope. Take the ends and draw them together so it forms a circle. Twist the ends and bring them towards you, press them down into pretzel shape
  6. While doing the kneading, boil the water and sprinkle baking soda, stir
  7. Dunk the pretzels one by one for about 30 seconds each
  8. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the pretzels with melted butter, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture
  9. Put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes



Texture is the same as those recipes with proofing, soft with slight chewiness
One thing is, this pretzel is best eaten on the day of baking. It's a little harder the next day but reheating will give back the soft texture :)
 


This post is for LBT
The challenge for this month is soft pretzel


Look, I've wasted quite a bit of cinnamon sugar mixture :)

3 comments:

  1. I love pretzels! These look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, you are kidding right? Only 30 minutes? I have got to try this recipe because I love those Auntie Anne pretzels. And four fat pretzels sounds about right for me hee..hee..no sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing, I'm going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...