Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ABC May 2014 - English Digestive Biscuits

This month's Avid Baker's Challenge bake is something that I never think I will bake myself - digestive biscuits!
Til now, I'm satisfied enough with Mcvities and Marks & Spencer
But hey, there's an opportunity here to experiment - why not? At least, I've tried, right? It's good to experience any kind of bake at least once - in my opinion
So, here is my homemade English digestive biscuits :)


This biscuits is so good, and it's especially good with a glass of cold milk!
And you know what, it's so easy to make! The only thing that I need more practice is the shaping (as usual LOL)
 
 
 
Recipe can be viewed from King Arthur Flour
 
The changes I made:
  • I used 100% whole wheat pastry flour
  • I omitted icing sugar and replaced with 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • I kneaded the dough by hand
 
Frankly, I like the taste better than the store bought ones I normally purchase. yes, it's that tasty! :)
 
 
 
This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge May 2014, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen where we bake each month using recipe from King Arthur Flour

 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Alice, I never thought that we could bake digestive biscuits at home! I must try it. If you say that it is better than store bought ones, then I think it is worth a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love digestive biscuits. Never knew can bake at home. Going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. halo,,
    may i knoe,can i used normal flour,,
    or can u tel me,where can i buy this
    whole wheat flour,or any subsitute,,
    thanks for helping
    jean---sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jean, the best is to use whole wheat flour mixed with plain flour
      you 're in Sgp? you can find in Cold Storage or Market Place in baking needs or organic stuff
      I use Bob's Red Mill brand..

      Delete
  4. Hi Alice,

    Your digestive biscuits look so store-bought!!! Truly amazing!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Sounds like we have a winner here :) I'm glad you liked them. They are very pretty! I loved them too. I just baked my third batch this month, also using 100% WW flour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your biscuits look perfect, you could pass them off for store-bought ones!! They are easy to make and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...