Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

No Cook Overnight Oats (2 Recipes)

Lately overnight oats is seen everywhere. Reading so many positive reviews, I want to try, too! And yes, I can't agree more. It's yummy and addictive
So glad to know that it's healthy, too!

These two recipes I'm going to share used Farmers Union greek yoghurt
I find it's a little too creamy for me - without affecting the yumminess factor, of course
I still have a few varieties I'd like to try, I will use Marigold low fat plain yoghurt and see the difference :)

The basic recipe I used is from Ellena from Cuisine Paradise

What you need:

6 tbsp organic rolled oats
1/2 cup greek or low fat plain yoghurt (I used greek yoghurt for these 2 recipes)
1/2 cup fresh milk (I used low fat high calcium)
1 tbsp chia seeds
===> Mix all ingredients above in a glass jar with airtight lid

With the basic recipe above, you may add on many varieties according to your preference :)
The two varieties I made here...


First - overnight oats with orange and berries

 
 
Here I added the basic recipes with cuts of orange segments (I used red flesh cara cara oranges), strawberries and blueberries. Stir into the oats mixture and close the lid. Keep refrigerated overnight. Drizzle about 1/2 tbsp of raw honey before serving
 

 
 
Second - overnight oats with peanut butter and cocoa
 


Into the oats mixture, I added 1 heaped tbsp of creamy peanut butter and 2 tsp of Valrhona cocoa powder. Stir and close the lid. Keep refrigerated overnight. Drizzle about 1/2 tbsp of raw honey and sprinkle some semi sweet chocolate chips before serving

 
 
I strongly urge you to give this a try. It's one yummy breakfast menu that can be eaten as all day snack too :)


This post is for  Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze from Awayofmind Bakery House at this post


8 comments:

  1. Agreed with you, and those who tried that this is a very yummy breakfast...so far I have tried with mango, oranges, raisins and kiwi. Chocolate and peanut butter sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    I have seen Peng making many variety of these overnight oats too! Sounds very addictive!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delicious and nutritious breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice,
    This is such a healthy breakfast. I am not a fan of oats except in bakes, but I would love to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day !!! Fantastic yummy oats!!! i want to try... Thank You :) personal chef in austin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such a detailed post.
    For more details, Please visit our website @ http://thelearningclub.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing many tried this healthy oats, even I am not very appreciate oats, but I think I would like to try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, I made mine too. Yours look better than mine a lot. I have posted in my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...