Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

ABC March 2014 - Mushroom Cheddar Tart

Luckily I could find some time to bake this month's Avid Baker's Challenge (ABC)
This tart - or I should say, quiche - is awesome! It's really yummy, seriously!
Unless you don't like mushroom or cheese, I am very sure you will enjoy every bite!


Somehow the shape reminds me of Hong Kong egg tart LOL



Recipe is from King Arthur Flour's site - as you know, ABC has been baking from this wonderful site since last year


The cheesy crust... oh yum!
 
 
 
Please view HERE for the recipe
I made half recipe - which I regretted so much
I had 12 pies using my regular size muffin pan and it finished the next day!


The crisp crust with delicious filling - I literally went hhhhmmmmm in every bite :)



I followed the recipe with some minor changes:
  • I substituted Hi-maize Natural Fiber with plain flour
  • I used grated Cheddar cheese instead of powder for the crust
  • I omitted cayenne pepper
  • I mixed the sautéed mushroom and bell pepper with the egg mixture and after scooping it into the crust, I topped it up with grated Cheddar cheese mixed with Monterey Jack cheese

This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge March 2014, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it Alice! I too made half the recipe and ended up with 12 muffin sized tarts. Yours turned out pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...