Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Cheese Black Glutinuous Rice Swiss Roll

I have been curious about bakings which using black glutinuous rice flour, but I simply could not find the flour here in Singapore
I ended up importing it directly from Indonesia - where many bakers use it for cake and brownies, aside from other Indonesian delicacies

I saw many also bake swiss roll using this flour, since it's relevant to this month's Aspiring Bakers event, I decided to give this a try
The result is not bad at all, taste wise - it's really nice, texture wise - it's soft and a little crumbly
Too bad I chose wrong pan size, I had a thick cake which difficult to roll, next time I should use bigger pan or I can just divide the batter into 2 pans
Lucky I still managed to roll it even though I couldn't get nice swirls...


What you need:

A
3 eggs
3 egg yolk
100g sugar
1 tsp ovalette
B
75g plain flour
50g black glutinuous rice flour
C
50g butter
1 tsp chocolate paste

Filling:
some butter and grated cheddar cheese

Beat A til thick (ribbon stage)
Add B (beat in low speed)
Fold in C slowly
Pour batter into a greased and laid by parchment paper pan (2pans of 22x22x4cm)
Bake in preheated oven of 200degC for 10-12minutes (til the surface is dry) - let cool
Put on a parchment paper, spread with butter, sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese and roll away from you using parchment paper

I'm submitting this swiss roll to  Aspiring Bakers #9 Swiss Roling Good Times hosted by Lynn from Obsessedly Involved With Food at this LINK

4 comments:

  1. sounds really good! I like the use of the black glutinous rice. It makes it more nutritious and I'm sure it imparts a wonderful aroma. Thanks for sharing :) have a great week ahead - shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shaz, thks for dropping by :) yes this roll does taste yummy...
    enjoy ur weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only know glutinuous rice flour but not black glutinuous rice flour, does this give kind of chewy texture too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Lena, yes it's also giving the same kind of chewiness, but couldnt taste it in this cake, very very slight only
    i never saw this powder in singapore...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...