Saw one recipe at Ju's blog, The Little Teochew, looked so yummy!
And yes, it was, indeed!
I didn't use carrots but added sweet corns since my kids love it. I used frozen corns
Also I added fresh button mushroom, sliced
What you need:
(for two portions)
7 tbsp chicken stock
2 tbsp cream
1 tsp corn flour, diluted with a little water
2 rice bowls overnight cooked rice
breakfast ham, sliced
200g sliced button mushrooms
a few handful of frozen corns
a knob of butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
grated cheddar and mozzarella
- In a saucepan, bring chicken stock and cream to a boil. Add corn starch liquid. Stir till the mixture thickens. Set aside
- In a wok, melt some butter. Fry the garlic till fragrant. Add ham, followed by corns and mushrooms. Add rice. Break up all lumps. Mix well
- Pour butter fried rice into a casserole dish. Pour chicken stock mixture over. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Top with lots of grated cheddar and mozzarella
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10mins (it's for small casserole, for bigger size, please adjust the timing accordingly) at 200 degrees C or until the cheese browns to a golden crust. Serve piping hot
I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up April - Corn, organised by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and hosted by Esther from Copycake Kitchen.