Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kelantan Cek Mek Molek

I love sweet potatoes. So when I saw Wendy made this, I immediately jotted down this recipe in my to do list for Malaysian Food Fest - Kelantan month
So I finally did this morning, and I really enjoyed it, so was my family, except the kids :P
It's really delicious and addictive, a little too sweet to my liking, though. I'd reduce the sugar filling the next time I make this again :)






What you need:

500g sweet potatoes (weight after steamed and mashed)
100g plain flour
sugar for filling
oil for frying

Method:
  1. Mix sweet potatoes while still hot with flour til well blended
  2. Weigh into 30g dough each and shape into balls
  3. With hands lightly floured, flatten each ball and spoon 1 tsp of sugar into the centre of the dough and seal it up, shape like an oblong with pointy ends
  4. Heat oil in frying pan and fry over medium heat til a crust forms on the outside
  5. Drain and let cool before serving
Note:
*Do not fry over high heat as it will take shorter time to cook and the sugar filling inside won't melt
*Fry soon after forming the dough. Don't wait too long cos sugar will melt upon contact with moisture from the dough


I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest - Kelantan month, hosted by Gert from My Kitchen Snippets

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    This is one lovely snack! Great for afternoon tea-time with a cup warm tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this cek mek molek in several blogs, seems to be a popular dessert! Pity my boys don't like sweet potatoes either, so I can't make this even though I love sweet potatoes! Yours looks awesome with the flowing sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice,
    I make these too.
    The sweet potatoes skin of this dessert is soft and nice.
    Good to eat with kopi o :D
    Yours are really Molek :D

    mui

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...