Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spam Fried Rice With Corn

Yeah, spam is not healthy... But everyone would agree that it's really yummy LOL
I guess it's forgivable to enjoy it once a while :)
I balanced up with scrambled eggs and corns to make me feel less guilty and also my kids love corns so much
I also chose light spam which claims to have 25% less sodium *grin*




Inspiration is from Rasa Malaysia

What you need:

3 cups overnight steamed rice
2 1/2 tbsp oil
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves of garlic, minced (I used 3)
6oz  spam, cut into small cubes (I used 2/3 can)
1 cup frozen vegetables, defrost (I used 1 1/2 cup frozen corns)
Salt, to taste

Seasonings:
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (I used 2 tbsp)
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil (I used 1 tsp)
1 tsp garlic oil (I added)
1 tsp dark sweet soya sauce (I added)
3 dashes white pepper

Method:
  1. Break up the lumpy overnight rice with the back of the spoon or fork
  2. Mix all the ingredients for the seasonings in a small bowl
  3. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat and cook the eggs first. Use the spatula to break the eggs into small pieces. Set aside
  4. Reheat the wok with the remaining 2 tbsp oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic
  5. Add the spam pieces and stir-fry until light brown before adding the corns. Stir to combine well
  6. Add the rice into the wok and use the spatula to stir-fry continuously until the all the ingredients are well blended
  7. Add the seasonings into the wok, blending it well with the rice and ingredients
  8. Return the cooked eggs into the wok and combine with the rice. Dish out and serve immediately

I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up April - Corn, organised by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and hosted by Esther from Copycake Kitchen.
 
 photo littlethumbups1-1.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Spam fried rice, my favourite, healthy or not! Gotta go get a can tomorrow, the other variation i like is corned beef fried rice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you spam is not healthy, but yummy. Your fried rice must be yummy with the sweet corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice, I totally agree with you spam is so yummyyyy!!!!! Thank you for submitting this lovely dish to LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice,
    This is a yummy fried rice.
    We sometimes eat luncheon meat too.. :p

    Thank for linking with LTU :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like spam fried rice with mixed vege, quick and easy to prepare and yet yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alice,

    Sorry for my late visit. Something happened last minute and had to go back to Singapore for 2 days during last week.

    Corn with fried rice... Yum! My corn-loving son will love this.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...