Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Akok Kedut Kelantan

Intrigued to try this snack when I saw Wendy's post on this, I finally did today
The whole family love it, pretty addictive treat I must say. Not so friendly to the waistline though LOL

 
 
I had 14 pieces following Wendy's recipe. Perhaps I should have poured the batter a little lesser. Mine needed to bake 5 minutes longer, and when cooled, I found they're not dry enough. Should have baked them a little longer
Nevertheless, it's really tasty with great custard like texture
 
What you need:
 
125ml water
150g palm sugar, chopped
2 screwpine leaves, snipped
5 eggs
30g plain flour
1/8tsp salt
200ml coconut milk
 
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200degC. Oil muffin pan and put in the oven to preheat together
  2. Bring to boil in a pot water, palm sugar, screwpine leaves and let simmer for 5 minutes. Liquid will be about 160ml
  3. Whisk eggs vigorously (I used hand held mixer). Stir in plain flour and salt. Mix well
  4. Strain in coconut milk and palm sugar mixture. Mix well
  5. Fill in muffin pan til 2/3 full. Bake til golden brown for 12 minutes (mine was 17 minutes)
 
I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest - Kelantan month, hosted by Gert from My Kitchen Snippets
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Alice, your Akok Kedut is the prettiest I have seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    I have never seen or try these before. I'm imagining its creamy custard-y texture... Yum!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Your bakes look so delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice,
    I made mine into mini ones cos I don't have a big muffin tray:p. Yours looks lovely and I like the kedut too:D

    mui

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...