Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pan Fried Tilapia

I think among other dishes, cooking fish is one of the easiest (in term of preparation and cooking process and time required)
Having that thought, I decided instead of Tuesday, I'll make Saturday and/or Sunday as fish day
Weekends are family day, we go out most of the time in the morning and back home usually already in the late afternoon, no more energy to cook complicated dish, especially knowing my baking mood often conquers my weekend evenings :)


















This is my first time cooking tilapia fish
(can you believe it before that I don't even know this fish exists!)
Initially I didn't really like the too fishy smell during cooking process, but I did enjoy eating it so much - I love the soft texture and it's indeed tasty and not fishy at all (strangely)
Next time I'll try it grilled

What you need:

1 black tilapia fish
2 tbsp juice of lemon
2 tsp turmeric powder
salt and pepper, oil

Marinade the fish with lemon, turmeric powder, salt and pepper for at least 1hour
Heat oil and pan fry the fish til golden brown

Perfect companion to eat the fish:


















What you need:

shallots, cut into small cubes
2 bird eye's chillis, cut small
1/2 tomato, cut into small cubes
juice of 1lemon
kicap manis (Indonesia dark sweet soya sauce)

Mix all ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...