Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sticky Date Pudding With Butterscotch Sauce

Been so long since the last time I posted here

My mum was in town for 1 week, time to chat and spend time with her, and of course eat and eat cos she always cooks most of the time when she's here - those yummy Indonesian cookings I seldom cook, those remind me of my childhood, my mom always loves to give her kids home cooking food
All food was too quick to disappear that I didn't have the chance to take a snap of them (read: was totally forgotten cos busy eating hehe...)

Not only her cookings not captured, the tidbits she brought was all gone in no time without being memorized in my camera.. I was too hipnotized that when I realized it, all was history :P
That's always the case in fact..can't resist the hunger of homegrown food while living abroad :)

Anyway, gotta post those I have experienced in the kitchen just before my mum came and some while she's here...

This cakey pudding was baked a day before she arrived


















Adapted from Pecious Moments, this cake has texture of both cake and pudding, it's something like a very moist cake
I am not sure what went wrong, but from the picture, it looks like the texture is different from the source, mine is more cakey while hers is more to pudding
Or is it becoz hers is fully covered with the sauce while mine is not, I don't know
Anyhow, it stil tasted yummy, especially with butterscotch sauce poured on top - such a sinful indulgence :)

What you need:

250g dates, pitted and chopped
1 tsp baking soda
80g butter
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
170g self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix dates and baking soda. Pour 300ml boiling water over dates and leave to stand
Cream butter and sugar until pale, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
Gently fold in flour, stir in date mixutre and vanilla
Pour into a well buttered round 18" cake tin.Bake at 180 degree celcius for 40 mins or when skewer comes out clean
Serve with butterscotch sauce

What you need for butterscotch sauce:

100g brown sugar
150ml cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g butter

Combine sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a pot
Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins
Set aside until ready to reheat and pour over pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...