Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fusilli Chicken Alfredo (Ree Drummond)

Pasta again. This time from The Pioneer Woman
Among so many choices, I decided on this one, alfredo won't go wrong, especially for Ian :)





Simple and delicious. I like. We like :)

What you need:

fusilli pasta
4 tbsp butter
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (I only used 1)
salt and pepper (to marinade the chicken, I used garlic salt)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup dry white wine (I used chicken stock)
1/2 cup half and half (I used 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp cream and 1/4 cup fresh milk)
3 tbsp heavy cream (I omit)
extra salt and pepper to taste
extra chicken stock - if needed for thinning
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh parsley (I used 1 tsp dried parsley)

Method:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside
  2. Marinade both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper (mine was garlic salt). Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until deep golden brown on both sides and done in the middle. Remove from the skillet, slice into thin strips, and set aside
  3. Add additional 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet, followed by the minced garlic. Stir the garlic around the pan to avoid burning, and cook for 1 min. Pour in wine (or chicken stock), then let it bubble up and reduce for 2 mins. Add half-and-half, cream (mine was milk and cream)and extra salt and pepper, whisking constantly until it's all combined. Allow liquid to heat up and thicken for a few mins. If it gets too thick, you may thin it with a little chicken broth
  4. When the sauce looks good, remove it from the heat. Add parmesan to the pan, then throw the hot pasta right on top of it. Toss it a bit. Add the chicken (I didn't do this, instead I arrange the chicken slices on top of the pasta right before serving) and continue tossing until it's all combined. Again, if it gets too gloopy, splash in a little broth (you may return the pan to low heat if it needs it)
  5. Taste it, adjust seasonings, and top with minced parsley (I didn't) and extra Parmesan
  6. Serve immediately

 
This post is also linked to Cook like a Star, organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat your heart out and Mich from Piece of Cake

5 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, kids do love alfredo don't they? My kids too, especially with lots of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Being mum, I like fast and easy pasta recipes too... This chicken alfredo looks delicious! ... Lucky Ian :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm Francesca and I'm Italian. Your blog is very nice and this recipe is definitely very good. I Imota to your members. If you want to follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice,
    Looks like this is another pasta recipe that is a winner! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...