Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Flatbread Pizza (Ree Drummond)

The word 'easy' in a recipe always excites me
Hence my pick on this recipe by The Pioneer Woman
Thanks to Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids for choosing Ree Drummond as the star chef of this month. I always like Ree, but by end of this month, the word 'like' has turned to 'love' Now she's in my top favourite chefs list :)

Okay, now back to pizza :)

I wanted to use naan bread for this recipe - just like Ree, but DH was craving for wraps, so wrap it is, it made super flat bread pizza LOL


This is really delicious! My first vegetarian pizza. It's gonna be a routine topping for my pizza I am sure! :)
 

Even though this is great, but I think using naan bread would be better, at least I would taste some fluffy bread beneath those yummy cheesy roasted veggies...



What you need:

any flatbread you like
jarred marinara sauce (I used Prego mushroom tomato pasta sauce)
jarred pesto sauce (I used Leggo's)
roasted vegetables (I used sliced yellow capsicum, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced shitake mushroom and sliced Japanese cucumber)
sliced mozzarella (I used grated)
grated parmesan cheese (my addition)

Method:
  1. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven of 230degC til well roasted
  2. Spread bread with your preferred sauce (I made one with tomato pasta sauce and another one with pesto sauce)
  3. Arrange sliced mozzarella on top (I sprinkled grated mozzarella)
  4. Arrange roasted vegetables on top of the cheese
  5. Sprinkle grated parmesan on top of the vegetables (my addition)
  6. Bake for 15 minutes til cheese melted

Here's another version for my kids. They did not fancy vegetarian pizza haha...
I used tomato pasta sauce with sliced ham and button mushroom




I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #35: A Palate for Pizza (September 2013) hosted by Joey of Little Accidents in the Kitchen



This post is also linked to Cook like a Star, organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat your heart out and Mich from Piece of Cake

6 comments:

  1. I love to make pizzas with flatbread too. Yours looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum ... so colorful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,

    I like what you said about Ree Drummond... from "like" to "love"... What I love most about Ree's cooking most is her being very mummy-children friendly...

    Love the fact too that you like these pizza.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This easy peasy pizza is pefect for busy mummies like us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a colourful healthy vege pizza, I should try to make one in the future. The pizza's I made were mostly top with unhealthy toppings, such as bacon, hotdog, chorizo, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alice,
    Your pizza is looking mighty good! Slide some pieces over please!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...