Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Strawberry Cheese Swiss Roll

Recipe is from Kevin Chai's book - Elegant Swiss Roll
Found the book at Popular big sale at Brash Basah Complex - grabbed one copy right away - still have high level of curiousity in mastering swiss roll :)
Some other books I managed to get, too - so happy :P

This is one soft, cheesy and yummy cake - my kind of cake, but I think this time I didn't get it real round hihihi.....

What you need:

6 eggs
120g caster sugar
130g plain flour
20g grated parmesan cheese
80g butter - melted
25g cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 200degC
Grease baking tin and line with baking paper (I used square 25x25x2cm)
On high speed, beat eggs and sugar til light and fluffy (ribbon stage)
Fold in sifted flour and parmesan cheese
Take a few tablespoons of the batter and mix in a small bowl with melted butter, mix back with the remaining batter - mix well until combined
Spread batter on baking tin, sprinkle cheddar cheese over mixture, bake for 10mins - leave to cool on cooling rack

For the filling, I used buttercream - recipe can be viewed HERE
I mixed with 175g cream cheese

Transfer the cooled cake on a baking paper
Spread the filling on the cake, arrange fresh strawberry cut at one side of the cake (the side closer to you where you will do the first folding before rolling the cake
After the strawberries nicely arranged, fold one time to seal the strawberries cut - tighten it and continue rolling using baking paper slowly til the cake completely rolled
Wait for approx 15minutes before you open the baking paper

I'm submitting this cheesy roll to Aspiring Bakers #9 Swiss Roling Good Times hosted by Lynn from Obsessedly Involved with Food at this LINK

At the same time, I'm submitting this entry to NCC Swiss Roll Week which will end tomorrow :)

7 comments:

  1. this look so pretty! (: i grabbed many books there too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swiss roll looks really nice and pretty. I have bookmarked a few recipes from this book too!
    I'm not very good at rolling it.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Jasmine, thks :) yeah, I have to stop myself there, otherwise I would buy even more! :)

    hi Janine, thks - yes, this month is the best month to do the recipes from the book - in conjunction with AB July event :)
    me too still learning to master swiss roll hehe...
    u too enjoy ur weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your swiss roll is already very good! i hope i will be able to make at least one swiss roll this month to participate in the Aspiring bakers event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lena, thks! u definitely can, i always admire ur wonderful bakings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi alice, all your cake rolls looking great and same goes the filling!! cant stop myself to trying your swiss rolls recepi, hope it will turn in good result too!
    thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Justina, hope u like it :)
      thks for dropping by :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...