Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Vietnamese Chicken Salad

Yummy and refreshing, spicy and tangy, lovely salad :)




Recipe is from Peng's Kitchen

What you need:

450g cabbage
1 tsp salt
250g chicken fillet (I used chicken breast)  , poached and shredded
25g shallots, thinly sliced
3 stalks coriander leaves, chopped coarsely
3 stalks spring onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp lime juice (I used large lime)
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 heaped tbsp coconut sugar (I added)
5 cloves of garlic, minced
2 chilli padi, finely minced
fried shallots (I didn't use)
roasted peanuts (I didn't use)

Method:
  1. Cut cabbage into thin strips. Add in 1 tsp salt and mix well, set aside for awhile til the cabbage turns limp. Squeeze dry
  2. Mix in lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar, garlic and chilli padi
  3. Mix in cabbage, chicken, shallots, coriander leaves and spring onion in a big salad bowl
  4. Drizzle the lime dressing and toss evenly
  5. Sprinkle fried shallots and roasted peanuts on top if using




This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,
    This is indeed a refreshing salad. I love the spicy and tangy taste too.
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU!
    mui

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...