Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

ABC January 2015 Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

One of my New Year resolution is trying my best not to miss out any event I have decided to join previously as I didn't do a good job last year - keep my fingers and toes crossed :)
Avid Bakers Challenge (ABC) hosted by Hanaa's Kitchen is one event I have been absent for longest time, hence my participation in the first month of 2015 :)
Furthermore, this month's bake is one of my favourite :P
So, here it is...


Double chocolate banana muffins - who can say no? Oh, I know a friend who doesn't like anything with banana, but it's like one in a million, I guess? LOL
 


 Chocolaty, soft and moist muffin with melted chocolate chips and tiny chunks of banana in every bite. Am I making you drool now? :)
 
 
 
This year, we will be baking using recipes taken from Scientifically Sweet, a blog by Christina Marsigliese. I never heard about her before, I never tried any recipe from her blog before, but this recipe is a good one to convince me that this is gonna be a year long yummilicious  stuff I'm gonna bake :)
 
 


You may view the recipe HERE
I made some changes as follow..
  • I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose flour
  • I replaced sour cream with low fat plain yoghurt
  • I chose brown sugar than granulated sugar
  • And lastly, I used rice bran oil instead of canola



Chocolate and banana lovers, you MUST try this :)
 
 
This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge January 2015, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Alice!! What a comeback!! Your muffins turned out great. I can tell fun the picture that it's soft and moist. This is one of my favorite recipes. Anytime I have ripe bananas, this is the first recipe I think of now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I had a tough time telling when these were done due to the melty chocolate! Yours look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...