Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Product Review: Bosch MaxoMixx Hand Blender & Tionk Butter Cake

I'm so excited and honoured to get the opportunity to have Bosch sent me one of their latest kitchen gadget, MaxoMixx Hand Blender model MSM87180, delivered right to my doorstep!

I never expect it comes in such a big box :)
 
 
When I opened it up, I was like - whoaaaa! LOL
 
 
This multi tasking set comes with different attachments with different functions, such as chopping, blending, whisking, grinding, and even crushing ice!
I really love the base unit. Shiny silver metallic colour, very classy!
 
Before I decided which one I would use first, I took out the whole set and explored each and every part of it. It looks complicated but believe me, it's very easy to use!
I am one gadget idiot, and it took minutes for me to understand how it works
 
 
The hand blender is so sturdy and nice looking too. Love it!


This release button has another one at the other side and to press together to operate. It works so easily!


On button. It has turbo speed function too


Adjustable speed control


Universal cutter L and XL



The ice crush blade


Blender jug and whisk, and look at the hand blender blade just behind the jug
 
 
Okay. Now time to decide what to make. I had quite a few in mind, but I finally baked the popular tionk butter cake by Fiona Lau
 
What is tionk? It actually is typical butter cake - with a softer and fluffier in texture
It bounces back whenever pressed, hence the name. Cute, isn't it? :)
I was really curious because of the rave reviews. After I had my first bite, I understand why it's so popular. It's soft, fluffy, buttery, so delicious, so addictive!
 
My all time favourite butter cake I always use is HERE
It's actually very similar to this butter cake, if I can't say exactly the same LOL
The only difference is the dairy used. It uses milk instead of whipping cream
Anyway, both are equally fabulous. The usage of whipping cream here is a great idea to finish up whatever balance of whipping cream you have in the fridge
 
Why I didn't have the picture of the whole cake? Because half of it was gone in minutes - thanks to my family. Even my fussy boy loves it! He messily cut the cake himself without asking me to get another slice after he had one big slice. Look at the picture below, the bigger portion of the cake on the right had a weird shape. yes, it's his work LOL
 
 
 
 
Here's the recipe...
 
What you need:
 
240g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
5 large eggs
200g sugar
220g self raising flour
50ml whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160degC. Separate the egg yolk from the whites
  2. With electric mixer, beat egg whites til frothy, add in sugar gradually, and beat til stiff peak
  3. In another bowl, beat butter til creamy and pale, add in vanilla extract and mix well
  4. Add in egg yolk one at a time and mix well
  5. Add in 1/2 of the flour, mix well. Add in whipping cream, mix and add in the remaining flour, mix
  6. Mix in 1/3 of the egg whites and stir til evenly mixed. Add in the remaining egg whites and fold gently til just incorporated
  7. Pour batter into lined 8" round pan. Tap hard the pan before putting it in the oven - at the sides and the bottom part
  8. Bake for 60-70mins til skewer comes out clean
 
So, I decided to use the whisk to beat the egg yolk mixture, while my other mixer did the egg whites. I adjusted the speed to the lowest and I pressed the on button and I was shocked. I never expect it's so powerful. I didn't need to increase the speed for this. Super like! :)
I took the picture below with my mobile phone using my other hand. Apology for the quality :)
 
 
 
 
Such a temptation - guilty pleasure! LOL
 
 
Anyone want to try?
 
 
Back to the gadget. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. And it seems that they all will work pretty hard assisting me in the kitchen LOL
Stay tuned for more recipes using the hand blender set in the coming months :)
 
 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2014 Event: Flour) - organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe
 
 
 
You see the tionk tionk cake? :)
 

1 comment:

  1. haha even the instructions are uncannily similar, almost as if one has been copied from the other. duncha think? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...