Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Pan Fried Chicken Chop With Lemon Sauce & ABC Soup

I almost forgot about Little Thumbs Up (LTU) this month
I looked through those wonderful bloggers' submissions, and my eyes caught this dish by Violet's Kitchen
I can't read Chinese so my translation was done by Mr Google LOL
Simple to make and really delicious! My kids love the chicken without the lemon sauce
I love the sauce so much, the chicken is so yummy dipped in it


 
 
What you need:
 
3 boneless chicken legs
Marinade:
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
1 egg, beaten
 
Lemon sauce:
juice of a lemon
1 tbsp maltose (I used honey)
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp custard powder
 
Method:
  1. Mix marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for at least an hour
  2. Heat pan, grease slightly and pan fry chicken til golden brown both sides
  3. Serve immediately with lemon sauce
  4. Lemon sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low fire til slightly thickened
 
I marinated some of the chicken only with oyster sauce and sesame oil. Before cooking, I dipped in egg and then dust with corn flour - it yielded crispy skin while still maintained the juicy meat inside
 


I cooked a simple ABC soup to go with the chicken dish. Healthy hearty soup we all love :)



Recipe is from Food For Tots

What you need:
(I modified a little)

1 chicken carcass
2 sweetcorns, cut into four
2 bay leaves
1 onion, halved
2 large potatoes, cut into four
2 carrots, cut into chunks
3 stalks of celery, cut into chunks
2 tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper
a pot of water

Method:
  1. Bring water to a boil. Add in chicken carcass, sweetcorns, bay leaves and onion. Bring back to boil and discard all residue
  2. Turn heat to low, simmer for 30mins. Then add in potatoes, carrots and celery. Simmer for another 1 1/2 hours. Add in tomatoes, simmer for further 15mins. Season with salt and pepper

The kids prefer the crispy chicken, while I and DH chose the pan fried type :)

 
 


The kids prefer the crispy chicken, while I and DH chose the pan fried type :)
Which one do you prefer? :)



This post is for Little Thumbs Up, an event organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY. Every month we bake / cook with one chosen ingredient in it, and this month the theme is lemon and the host is Grace from Life can be simple at this post

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,

    Hurray to Mr Google the translator! These lemon chicken look yummy!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids too will love the crispy version!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...