Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Plum Jam

The only homemade jam I ever had was my mum's pineapple jam
I myself never make any homemade jam

I had some extra red plums, a little too sour to my liking
I was wondering what I should do with it when Wai Fong from Fong's Kitchen suggested me to make homemade jam, suggesting this recipe by Gert from My Kitchen Snippets
Thanks Wai Fong and Gert :)

A suggestion I followed, no regret at all. In fact, I now know what to do with any leftover fruits





Very easy to make, great in taste and healthier choice of jam

What you need:

3 cups chopped plums
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
juice from 1 lemon
  1. Place plums, sugar and lemon juice in a pot and turn heat on high
  2. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer
  3. Cook for 30 minutes, stir occasionally to break up any large chunks of the fruits (can use potato masher)
  4. As it cooks, the jam should become nice and thick. Taste it, if not sweet enough, you may add the sugar
  5. When it's sweet enough and sufficiently thick, off the heat and let cool, then transfer to jar 

5 comments:

  1. I love doing plum jam too. The last thing I made was an orange marmalade which was a bit more work but tasted so gooood. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plum jam looks super good! I love plum jam, my favourite and have not made it in ages! My sister and I was just talking about making them as now seems to be plum season. You don't have to chop the plums up, simply dump the whole fruit in the pot and scoop out the seeds when the plums are mushy and the seeds will be visible later. Though I always count the number of plums I dump into the pot, to scoop out the number of seeds! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making jam is a great way to get rid of not so good or extra fruits. Thanks for trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good and sounds easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...