Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

AFF Taiwan: Taiwanese Chicken Rolls

I love all kinds of bean curd rolls. A must order every time I go for dimsum
So, when I saw this chicken rolls, I was drooling and determined to give a try
Thanks Kimmy for the wonderful recipe, it's delicious!
My family and I enjoyed this so much. I made half recipe and it's gone after dinner. The next time I will definitely make full recipe, or more! :)

She mentioned that the original version in Taiwan is usually much longer in shape, and has no chicken in it, even though it's called chicken roll. It uses pork instead. But since I have a lot of chicken breast in my freezer, I used chicken instead :)



 
 
Here's the recipe (adapted from Kimmy from Cooking Pleasure)
 
What you need:
 
300g fish paste, blend with 2 tbsp water to make sticky paste
300g lean pork (I used chicken breast), cut into strips
1 yellow onion, cut into fine shreds
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 pc beancurd skin, cut into 8"x 5"rectangle pcs
Marinade for meat:
2 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp cooking wine
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1/2 tsp sesame oil
 
Method:
  1. Marinate pork strips with seasonings. Set aside for about 15mins
  2. Add in fish paste and onion. Mix all with hands
  3. Cover and keep in the fridge for about half an hour
  4. Place about a handful of mixture at the centre of the beancurd skin. Fold both sides and roll up like spring roll
  5. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry til golden and crispy at both sides over medium heat



I guess I should have put more filling, mine were not round enough. It's flattened after cooled. It didn't affect the taste, though :)
Look at Kimmy's. It's so round and full of filling in it, so nice!

This is one of the recipes I definitely will be making again (especially since I still have some leftover beancurd skin LOL)
I will for sure put more filling so I can get fat rolls :)


I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – Taiwan hosted by Alan from Travelling Foodies

1 comment:

  1. Alice, I like beancurd skin rolls too ... but too lazy to make rolls and dip fried stuff ... hee hee! I'll just grab one of your yummy rolls ^-^!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...