Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Negeri Sembilan MFF - Fried Fish With Chillies


This dish was gone in minutes during dinner time :)
The fish was so delicious and with the chillies, it's just perfect
But the star was the chillies! It's so tasty and after some adjustment, the spiciness was just nice for me to endure enjoy :)





Recipe is from Wendy's site

What you need:

1 medium tilapia (I used black tilapia), cleaned and scored
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt

1pc asam gelugor
1/2 cup oil (I used less than 1/4 cup)
salt

Blend together:
1 red onion
3 red chillies (I used 5 large red chillies)
10 bird's eye chillies (I used 7 red bird's eye chillies)
1 inch ginger
4 garlic

Method:
  1. Marinate fish with turmeric powder and salt for about an hour
  2. Heat oil and fry fish on both sides til golden and crisp
  3. Remove fish from pan
  4. Sautee the chilli paste with the remaining oil and asam til fragrant and glossy. Season with salt
  5. Smear the paste on both sides of the fish. Serve immediately

The next time I cook this dish again I will double the chilli paste
It's so good I can eat it just with plain rice! :)

I'm submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest, Negeri Sembilan month hosted by Hody of Cook 4 you & me

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, this fish is very very appetizing, I need extra rice please!! Look awesome.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i saw this on wendy's blog, i wanted to do it, but until now still havent done it yet GAH! Your dish looks super appetizing, no wonder it was gone in minutes ;) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I rarely eat fish. That's a shame because when I see a great recipe like this I am completely wowed and I think I would love it!! You have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is soo mouthwatering! Ya, I'm joining Amelia, extra nasi for me too please! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...