Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Seremban Hakka Mee

Such a simple dish to prepare yet so yummy
My family loved this dish to the bit!



 
 
Recipe source: Kelly Siew Cooks
 
What you need:
 
2 pcs Cintan brand flat noodles (so happy to be able to find this noodles in NTUC, it's really good!)
3 pcs shitake mushroom, sliced
100g minced pork
3 garlic, minced
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp chicken stock
approximately 150 ml water
a few drops of sesame oil
2 spring onion, chopped
pickled green chillis (I used store bought)
 
Method:
  1. Boil a pot of water, add a few drops of sesame oil, cook noodles for 3 minutes or til al dente. Drain on a colander and pour cold water over it
  2. Heat oil (both types), fry garlic til fragrant
  3. Add in minced pork, stir til changed color and then add in mushrooms
  4. Add in water, fish sauce, chicken stock, soya sauce and simmer for 10 minutes
  5. (add water if necessary)
  6. Top noodles with minced pork and gravy and spring onion
  7. Eat with pickled green chillis
 
I'm submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest, Negeri Sembilan month hosted by Hody of Cook 4 you & me

11 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, looks delicious! Btw, have you received the parcel yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love having this noodles for lunch too. Quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like hakka noodles, but i am quite hooked on my black soy sauce, so i always ask the aunty who sells them if she can add black soy sauce haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Hakka noodles, never had it done in my kitchen though and it's tough to find a good stall selling it.

    Will bookmark your recipe for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of Hakka noodles but this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alice,

    I wanted to cook this noodles at first. Showed my husband the recipe but eventually got distracted with other cooking... *sign*

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Hakka Cusine now. This noodles looked like dry pan mee. I like it, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice,the noodles look very good! I am like Esther though, I would put some black soya sauce hah! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. slurrp-pilicious! i can have 2 plates of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alice, your hakka mee looks really delicious! I'm so hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alice, I like this flat noodles. Your look delicious, can I have a big plate, please.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...