This is definitely not a cake to me, hence the change I made in the name
Whatever the name is, this is really a keeper!
Such a soft and yummy bread I baked this morning!
Let's see how it'll be tomorrow morning :)
I made half recipe, divided the dough into two and it still yielded two huge loafs
The changes I made was:
- I used 2 medium eggs for half recipe
- I substituted the all purpose flour to bread flour
- For the topping, I used grated cheddar cheese instead, since my kids do not eat breads and cakes with nuts, the choice I didn't regret at all, I really enjoyed the cheesy crust!
- I used breadmaker to do the kneading and first proofing
- I halved the cinnamon powder so not to 'interrupt ' the chocolate flavour - this I did for my kids in particular
Perhaps that's the reason why I had flatter bread compared with the rest of the members' :)
Flat bread as it is, this bread is really delicious with wonderful texture
The whole family loves this
I'll definitely make this again, and yes, will do the pulling and twisting next time :)
For full recipe, please hop over to Anuja's site, she has chosen this wonderful recipe
This post is for The Home Bakers hosted by Joyce
An event for baking enthusiasts using recipes from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas