And now is going to the second week of February soon! Let's start now! :)
I started baking cookies last week. This was my first cookies I baked for Chinese New Year. They had no chance to celebrate the festive season as all ended up in our tummies haha...
Firstly, pardon my not so pretty flowers here haha..
I guess I should have shaped them smaller. The original recipe stated 10g dough while I used heaped 1/2 tbsp. Too big. When I used the end of a wooden ladle to make a cavity at the centre, I found it's too small and I had to press deep to create cracks around the dough. What I never thought will happen was some of the jam filling leaked during baking haha.. Now I know what to do if I bake these cookies again in the future
Nonetheless, I still love them. Taste yummy with a hint of cream cheese taste, go well with strawberry jam. Texture wise, they are firm yet soft to the bite. Delicious!
Recipe is from Kenneth Goh of Guai Shu Shu
What you need:
450g plain flour
110g cream cheese
150g caster sugar
1 hard boiled egg yolk
3 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar til light and fluffy. Sift in hard boiled egg yolk. Stir well
- Sift in plain flour and beat at the slowest speed. Take the dough out and knead slightly
- Take 1 levelled tsp of dough and roll into a ball. Using the end of a wooden ladle, make a cavity at the centre of the ball, it will create cracks around the sides of the cookie making it look like flower
- Spoon strawberry jam into a piping bag. Snip the tip into a very small round hole and pipe into the cavity of the cookies
- Bake in preheated oven of 175degC for 10-12mins (my cookies were bigger it took about 25mins to bake)
I am submitting this post to Cook & Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 hosted by Yen of GoodyFoodies, Diana of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids
Hi Alice, thanks for taking time to join our CNY event.ReplyDelete
Gong Xi Fa Cai to u and your family!
Thanks Yen :)Delete
It is not easy to keep baking and blogging... Plus preparing to celebrate CNY! Jia yu!
Haha yeah Zoe, plus I am the kind of mum need to be kicked in the butt pretty often LOLDelete