Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Kaastengels (Cheese Cookies) - 2nd Recipe & More Cookies & Cake I Baked 4CNY

My fifth cookies was another pineapple tarts, but it's those open tarts and it's cheesy pastry
I made them before but shaped into balls. You may view the recipe HERE


 
And my sixth cookies was chocolate chips cookies which is always loved by my family using THIS RECIPE

 

Now, the last cookies I baked, it's cheese cookies, Dutch influenced cookies which is very popular in Indonesia. I made these cookies before, recipe is HERE which is eggless
This time I used another recipe with eggs which is as satisfying




Recipe source: Natural Cooking Club (NCC)

What you need:

300g butter
100g grated edam cheese
100g grated cheddar cheese
400g plain flour
2 tbsp milk powder
2 egg yolks

Egg wash: 3 egg yolks, mix with 1.5 tbsp fresh milk
more grated cheddar cheese for sprinkle

Method:
  1. Mix butter and egg yolks briefly, just til combined. Add in both cheeses, mix well
  2. Add in flour and milk powder, stir well
  3. On a lightly floured surface, place the dough, cover with a clingwrap and roll til about 1cm thick
  4. Using a sharp knife, cut the flattened dough to form small rectangles, about 1x5cm each
  5. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle cheddar cheese
  6. Transfer to lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven of 150degC for 20mins (original recipe stated 125degC but my cookies are bigger so I adjusted the temperature accordingly) til golden brown

This marks the last cookies I baked for this year's Chinese New Year. I think I never bake so much cookies for the festive season before haha..
 
 
I had many cakes I wanted to bake too, but in the end I only baked 1 cake, it's the delicious Sicilian Orange Cake which I ever baked before. You may view the recipe HERE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,

    Just in time, I'm searching for Kaastengel recipe now because I want to bake these cheese pastries for my Indonesian friend. Which recipe will you prefer? This or the other one with egg?

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Zoe, I like both but if I have to choose I like this better :)
      Sorry for the late reply

      Delete
  2. Please check out this blog who steals your post http://nusarecipe.blogspot.my/2015/07/lemon-honey-tea-muffins.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bakeling
      Gosh, many of my posts in there, not to mention from other blogs!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...